GCSE, IGCSE and A level Science tutors and Home Tuition in Alnwick
Our Science Tutors in Alnwick are all fully-qualified Science Teachers, who also offer their skills as high quality home tutors. All are subject-specialists, professional, reliable, up-to-date with Examination Boards and the current demands of a changing curriculum. Lessons are taught at your home and are scheduled at your convenience; whether weekdays, evenings or weekends.
Find a Primary, GCSE, IGCSE Maths and A level Science Tutor in Alnwick
"Teachers To Your Home" provides high quality Science Tuition in Alnwick, at your home and convenience. We work with over 18,000 qualified teachers across the UK, who also choose to offer their professional skills as high quality home tutors.
We can support Physics, Biology and Chemistry at all levels and can provide high quality tuition for Primary and Junior levels, as well as prepare children towards 11+, 13+, Common Entrance or for GCSE, IGCSE, IB and A level Examinations, across all the major Examination Boards including OCR, AQA, Edexcel, CIE, WJEC.
Call us now or send us a short message and we will phone you back
What families are saying about our tutors this week
"My son is doing so well with JH, who is an excllenet teacher and a great respresentative for your organisation. "
23 February 2019; review received from Mrs A M, Year 7 boy, Science Tuition in Buxton
"We have been very pleased with Dr H. He has quickly determined what our son needs in terms of developing exam technique and skills. The lessons are very focused and challenging."
22 February 2019; review received from Mr Fifield, Year 13 son, A level Chemistry (OCR), Altrincham
"Just wanted to let you know that this is going really well. Our son is enjoying his lessons and making good progress, at last. Thank you for Mrs H."
22 February 2019; review received from Mr Hart, Year 6 son, Primary SEN tuition in Watford
The Science Curriculum
Science is a core subject within the UK curriculum and is recognised as having increasing importance in preparing children for their futures lives, in an increasingly technological society. A high-quality science education, structured within the disciplines of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, provides the framework for understanding the world. All pupils throughout the Key Stages should be taught the essential knowledge, methods and processes of Science, so that they are equipped with the knowledge required to understand the uses and the implication of Science, today … and for the future.
The principal focus of Science teaching in Primary School is to enable pupils to observe and experience scientific phenomena, encouraging pupils to look more closely at the world around them: raising their own questions; performing simple tests; gathering and recording data; identifying and classifying.
At Primary and Junior level, the National Curriculum for Science aims to ensure that all pupils develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Year 7 to Year 9 (Key stage 3)
The principal focus of Science teaching in Key Stage 3 is to develop a deeper understanding of the range of ideas in the separate disciplines of Physics, Chemistry and Biology, also being aware of the connections between these different subject areas. Some schools offer separate teaching across each of the three Sciences through Key Stage 3; others offer a Combined or Co-ordinated Science approach.
GCSE and IGCSE Science (Key Stage 4)
The principal focus of Science teaching in Key Stage 4 is to continue the process of deepening and building upon scientific knowledge. Many students may opt to take separate GCSE or IGCSEs in some or all of Physics, Chemistry and Biology; to provide them with a platform for more advanced studies, establishing the basis for a wide range of careers. Other students may opt for a dual-award or single GCSE in Combined Sciences; this being their last formal study in these subjects, providing them with a broad-based foundation for understanding the world around them.
A level Science or IB (Key Stage 5)
The principal focus Science teaching at Key Stage 5 is to provide higher level knowledge, skills and understanding for those students who wish to specialise in Physics, Chemistry or Biology; to provide them with a platform for university study; establishing the basis for a wide range of careers. These qualifications are recognised to be academically rigorous and demanding.
At A Level, as well as the traditional three separate Sciences for those intending to study medical, engineering or other career specific degrees at university; Applied Science, Environmental Science and Science in Society specifications concentrate on the vocational aspects of Science as well as bridging the gap between Science, The Arts and Humanities.
A selection of our teachers who provide Science tuition in and around Alnwick
"The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion."– Arnold Glasow
The benefits of Primary, GCSE, IGCSE and A level Science tuition:
1. Your Science Tutor has the opportunity to focus on the specific subjects and areas that your child may be struggling with. At school, a teacher can only give limited individual attention to each student, as there is limited classroom time available and the requirement for the teacher to meet the needs of the whole teaching group.
2. There are fewer distractions in a home setting, with little noise or distractions from classmates, which can often impact on your child's concentration and performance.
3. Your Science Tutor will quickly gauge the current achievement, future potential and learning style of your child and will be able to adapt their teaching to this to bring the greatest benefit.
4. Your Science Tutor can provide academic challenge for your child, if they do not find this at their school. This can enthuse and invigorate learning and enjoyment for a particular subject, which can infect other areas of their school life.
5. Your Science Tutor can offer academic support to your child, if they have missed out on some of their learning, whether through illness, absence, a lack of understanding at school ... or a lack of effort. A short, direct and intensive course of lessons can have a profound impact on your child's performance and confidence.
6. Your Science Tutor can help develop your child's confidence in a subject. The more confident a child feels with their schoolwork, the more they are able to develop and progress their skills and knowledge.
7. Your Science Tutor can help your child develop the right exam technique, so that they are able to perform to their full potential in an exam situation. Often children to need a lot of practice doing trial exam papers, with a tutor alongside helping them to be precise and concise, to spot the traps that are set, to organise their timings, ...
8. If your child is shy then often they will not ask questions in the classroom. In a one-on-one teaching, your child will feel more able to ask questions when they are unsure of a concept.
9. If your child is struggling with homework from school, the tutor can provide support to help them with this. If your child is not receiving enough homework from school to consolidate their learning, the tutor can provide this.
10. Regular lessons with a Science tutor will help a disorganised child begin to focus on their work, with the responsibility that they will have to be ready for the next lesson. Once momentum builds, your child will begin to feel less anxious and more enjoyment, as they begin to sense that they are making progress.