GCSE, IGCSE English and A level English tutors and English Tuition in Chipping Norton
Our English Tutors in Chipping Norton are all fully-qualified English Teachers, who also offer their skills as high quality home tutors. All are subject-specialists, professional, reliable, up-to-date with Examination Boards and the current demands of a changing curriculum. Lessons are taught at your home and are scheduled at your convenience; whether weekdays, evenings or weekends.
Find a Primary, GCSE, IGCSE English and A level English Tutor in Chipping Norton
"Teachers To Your Home" provides high quality English Tuition in Chipping Norton, at your home and convenience. We work with over 18,000 qualified teachers across the UK, who also choose to offer their professional skills as high quality home tutors.
We can support English Language and Literature at all levels, and can provide high quality tuition for Primary and Junior levels, as well as prepare children towards 11+, 13+, Common Entrance or for GCSE, IGCSE, IB and A level Examinations, across all the major Examination Boards including OCR, AQA, Edexcel, CIE, WJEC.
We can also provide high quality teaching for English as an Additional Language (EAL) and English as a Second Language (ESL)
Call us now or send us a short message and we will phone you back
What families are saying about our tutors this week
"Thank you for AH, who is a very encouraging and effective teacher. Already we can see the benefits of this tuition for our son."
21 March 2019; review received from Mr and Mrs Tait, Year 2 son, Primary Tuition in Windsor
"Just to let you know that we have started lessons with AD and CS. Both seem to be very good quality, though very different in style. Thank you for the efficient service."
21 March 2019; review received from Mr Bourn, Year 13 Son, A level Maths (AQA) and Physics (OCR) in Salisbury
"We are very happy with Mr H. An excellent teacher and role model for our son, who is enjoying his lessons each Saturday morning."
19 March 2019; review received from Mr and Mrs Wood, Year 5 son, 11+ tuition, Altrincham
A selection of our teachers who provide English tuition in and around Chipping Norton
"No is the second shortest word in the English language ... but one of the hardest to say."– Raymond Arroyo
Whether it is in getting to grips with the basic skills of reading or writing at Primary School, or in analysing the themes behind Chaucer's Middle English poetry, we can provide a professional English Tutor who can help you.
The benefits of Primary, GCSE, IGCSE and A level English tuition:
1. Your English Tutor has the opportunity to focus on the specific subjects and areas that your child may be struggling with. At school, a teacher can only give limited individual attention to each student, as there is limited classroom time available and the requirement for the teacher to meet the needs of the whole teaching group.
2. There are fewer distractions in a home setting, with little noise or distractions from classmates, which can often impact on your child's concentration and performance.
3. Your English Tutor will quickly gauge the current achievement, future potential and learning style of your child and will be able to adapt their teaching to this to bring the greatest benefit.
4. Your English Tutor can provide academic challenge for your child, if they do not find this at their school. This can enthuse and invigorate learning and enjoyment for a particular subject, which can infect other areas of their school life.
5. Your English Tutor can offer academic support to your child, if they have missed out on some of their learning, whether through illness, absence, a lack of understanding at school ... or a lack of effort. A short, direct and intensive course of lessons can have a profound impact on your child's performance and confidence.
6. Your English Tutor can help develop your child's confidence in a subject. The more confident a child feels with their schoolwork, the more they are able to develop and progress their skills and knowledge.
7. Your English Tutor can help your child develop the right exam technique, so that they are able to perform to their full potential in an exam situation. Often children to need a lot of practice doing trial exam papers, with a tutor alongside helping them to be precise and concise, to spot the traps that are set, to organise their timings, ...
8. If your child is shy then often they will not ask questions in the classroom. In a one-on-one teaching, your child will feel more able to ask questions when they are unsure of a concept.
9. If your child is struggling with homework from school, the tutor can provide support to help them with this. If your child is not receiving enough homework from school to consolidate their learning, the tutor can provide this.
10. Regular lessons with a English tutor will help a disorganised child begin to focus on their work, with the responsibility that they will have to be ready for the next lesson. Once momentum builds, your child will begin to feel less anxious and more enjoyment, as they begin to sense that they are making progress.
A little more about Chipping Norton
Chipping Norton is a market town and civil parish in the Cotswold Hills, with a population of around 6,000. It is known as the gateway to the Cotswolds and is located 12 miles south west of Banbury and 18 miles northwest of Oxford. The town's name means 'market north town', with "Chipping" meaning "market". Chipping Norton began as a small settlement at the foot of a hill on which stand the motte-and-bailey Chipping Norton Castle. Only the earthworks of the castle remain.
We have a large number of teachers who provide high quality home tuition in Chipping Norton and in the surrounding area, including Ascot-under-Wychwood, Chadlington, Charlbury, Churchill, Cornwell, Crawley, Enstone, Hailey, Heythrop, Leafield, Minster Lovell, Ramsden, Salford, Shipton Under Wychwood, Spelsbury, Swinbrook and Wilcote.
Our teachers come from the local schools in and around Chipping Norton; from Primary, Junior and Secondary Schools; from across the State, Academy, Grammar and Independent School Sectors.