Why do our teachers love tutoring?
As it is (at last!) the holidays and a chance to take a break from school or college, we recently asked those teachers in our Teacher Facebook Group what they like most about tutoring.
Back in the time of the dinosaurs, when I was teaching in a classroom (OK it was not that long ago) most lessons went well, a few were inevitably less good, but once or twice a week I would leave the lesson thinking:
Yes!! That was great! They really got it and they enjoyed the lesson. Even better if that lesson was on a Friday afternoon.
This is the feeling that comes across in the comments we received from some of our teachers about their tutoring sessions.
- Mine is helping parents understand how to support their child's learning and watching them flourish
- I love explaining things in ways they haven't heard before and seeing it finally click
- Seeing the light bulb moments when they realise they now understand how to do something they have struggled with and seeing their confidence grow as they make progress.
- Forming relationships where your tutees trust you and feel able to ask questions without fear of feeling silly. Questions they wouldn’t feel comfortable asking in a classroom full of their peers.
- Seeing one-to-one progress MUCH quicker, no team politics, no group politics, no mega marking issues or reporting to anyone (except parents!)
- I love to tutor one-to-one with individual students because you can give them a full hour's attention and they understand concepts so much quicker than when they are in a classroom and struggling with a mathematical method.
- I actually don't enjoy teaching in school. However, I love tutoring and the one-to-one interaction. I find tutoring rewarding and much more beneficial than teaching in school.
What feeling do you get from tutoring?
Let us know in our Facebook group for teachers- we love to hear what makes tutoring so rewarding.
Want to find out more about tutoring opportunities?
Interested in tutoring? We are always looking for qualified teachers to join our team of 18,000 teachers offering home and online tuition across the UK. Simply fill out this form and we'll be in contact.
Teachers To Your Home